FN M249S 556 NATO 16.1" BLT BLK PARA 249 Saw 46-100171
No reviews have been written for this product.
A semi-automatic version of the M249 SAW / LMG (in use by the U.S. military since 1988), the FN 249S platform features a chrome-lined, cold hammer-forged barrel, and makes the most of potential accuracy by incorporating closed-bolt firing, a robust gas system, and intelligent stock design. The primary differences between the two models within this series are the stock configurations and barrel lengths (which necessarily impact overall length and weight of each model; the PARA models can be stripped of their stocks and placed into a standard M249S stock in a matter of seconds). Both feed from magazines and linked ammunition belts, and are chambered in 5.56x45mm NATO.
General Specifications (common to the Standard and PARA models):
- Closed-bolt, semi-automatic
- Operates from 30-round magazine or 200-round belt
- Folding steel bipod
- Folding carry handle
- Flip-up feed tray cover and feed mechanism
- Formed steel frame with claw extractor design
- Fixed, pivoting ejector, plus side ejection of cases
- Top cover integrated MIL-STD-1913 mounting rail for sighting systems
- Removable heat shield
- Quick-change barrel capability
- Cold hammer-forged steel barrel
- Hard chrome-plated bore and chamber
- Crossbolt safety
- Non-reciprocating charging handle
- Redesigned trigger mechanism for semi-auto fire
- Curved trigger for improved finger position and control
- Standard disintegrating link belt-fed
- Under-mounted polymer ammunition container helps keep ammunition cleaner for reduced wear and added reliability
- Weight:16 lbs
- Rifle Overall Length:31.5" - 37"
- Trigger:8 lb - 15.5 lb pull
- Rifle Barrel Length:16.1"
- Rifle Barrel Twist:1:7"
- Rifle Stock:Rotating, telescoping buttstock with hydraulic recoil buffer and non-slip buttplate
- Scope Mount:Picatinny rail
- Iron SightsYes
- Caliber or Gauge:5.56 x 45mm NATO
- HandednessRight Hand
- Item ConditionNew
- Product TypeRifles